Never heard of the huge number of vegan restaurants in Athens? Well, me neither! But in February it was time for me to go to Athens. Like always, I made some research before and yes, I found some vegan spots! But also the traditional greek kitchen offers some vegan stuff: greek rice noodle salads, bean pastes or rice in vine leaves. And it’s so good! I visited two vegan restaurants in Athens and both of them were really good.
- Vegan, Vegetarian or Omnivorous: vegan
- Opening hours: mo - fr: 12 - 11pm, sa: 11am - 11pm, su: 12 - 7pm
- More Informaion: www.avocadoathens.com
At Avocado you get burgers, pasta, currys, salads, fresh pressed juices, coffee & cakes. The waitresses are too friendly and sweet and the food is also delish! The decoration of the restaurant is a bit esoteric, but we don’t mind. Perfect for lunch or a coffee break at noon.
- Vegan, Vegetarian or Omnivorous: vegetarian
- Opening hours: mo - fr: 9 - 1.30 am, sa - su: 9 - 2am
- More Informaion: www.rosebud.gr
The food at Rosebud was too good to be true. Really, it was by far the best food I had in Athens. They offer a lot of seats inside and also the waitresses were superb! AND THIS CHEESECAKE, oh my! I ordered the vegan Souflaki and was totally satisfied and filled after my visit.