Hello mango, so today it’s your turn! My first tasty-enemy-challenge with lovely kohlrabi failed, so today I am trying to master my second tasty enemy: mango. You can’t understand that point, right? Mango tastes like soap for me. I don’t eat mangos in ice cream, juices or as a fruit. So todays challenge is a hard one, because mango is a real big tasty enemy for me.
Vegan Vanilla Pudding with Mango & Chia
- 500 ml (2 cups) plant-based vanilla milk
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 50 g (0.25 cup) sugar
- 2 vanilla beans
- 1 mango
- 2 tbsp chia
- Slice vanilla pod and scrape out seeds.
- Mix cornstarch and a bit milk until creamy.
- In a bowl mix the rest of the milk, cornstarch-mixture, vanilla seeds and sugar.
- Bring to boil and let simmer for five minutes. Keep stirring until you get a pudding-like-texture.
- Peel mango, cut it in half and then into small cubes.
- Puree 2/3 of them.
- Layer vanilla pudding, mango puree and top with mango cubes and chia seeds.
the conclusion: To dissolve the whole story: mango is still my tasty enemy. I really don’t chum up with mango. The smell, the consistency, the greasy feeling. But hey, the vanilla pudding is still great!