When I am thinking about kohlrabi I always grimace – and I can’t do anything against. Kohlrabi is for me an ugly tuber, that smells musty and is extremely unsexy. Illgs! In school I had a friend that always ate kohlrabi sticks during break. When I rember all the situations I had to talk to her, looking at her kohlrabi sticks, I felt very bad. I really don’t understand this vegetable, cause it’s not refreshing, it's not sweet, not sour and simply not yummy. But, whatever, it’s my tasty enemy and I will give it a try. Because .. well .. french fries are always good. Right?
Baked Kohlrabi Fries
- 1 Kohlrabi
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tbsp. salt
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C/360°F.
- Peel and dice kohlrabi into "fry-sized" sticks.
- In a pot add fries and all the spices and oil. Mix until well combined.
- Place fries on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until brown. Check the fries regularly.
NO THEY ARE NOT. Even as french fries, with mayo and a lot of spices you taste awful. I definitely have to try something else. Guys, comment for any alternative tips, please!