Zoodles are the perfect alternative for pasta if you want to avoid food comas or to be tired the whole afternoon. This is often a problem for me, when I am working and I am getting really tired in the afternoon because of the carbs on my plate. So zoodles are prefect for this case. You need a Zoodle slicer or spiralizer. For this meal you match your healthy zoodles with a cashew-sweet-potato-creme and baked, spicy cauliflower and it's a really nice combination and so many veggies are in it!
Zoodles with sweetpotato cashew sauce and roasted cauliflower
- 6 zuchini
- 150 g (5.5 oz) soaked cashews
- 1 sweet potato
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp pepper
- 0.5 tsp garlic powder
FOR BAKED CAULIFLOWER
- 1 small cauliflower head
- 1 tsp paprika
- 0.5 tsp cayenne
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Wash and dice cauliflower and place on a baking sheet. Add oil and spices.
- Peel and dice the sweet potato in small pieces and add on the other side of the baking sheet. Season with spices and bake for 25 minutes at 180°C / 350°F.
- Wash zucchinis and zoodle them with a zoodle slicer or spiralizer. Boil your zoodles for 3 minutes in slightly boiling and salty water.
- Let your cauliflower cool down and mix your sweet potato pieces with your soaked cashews, a bit water and spices until you get a nice and smooth texture. Season again if needed!
- Serve zoodles with creamy cashew-sweet-potato-sauce and top with baked cauliflower.