Your not a big fan of sweets for breakfast and you can’t go without cheese and sausages? Uh, yay. We can feel that. So here is a recipe for all the dough-rolling-sporties, who love it hearty. When it’s all about preparing some fingerfood for a party, we often forget the hearty part of it. Cakes, muffins, and donuts all over the buffet (We love you all, don’t worry!). So fill your rolls with the ingredients you love – they will carry you to the fooodie-highscore-list, we swear! Therefore you need a good yeast dough. You need an instruction for that? No problem. You can find everything you need for the yeast dough here. So have you tried this recipe? Comment below! We are so excited to hear some responses from you guys.
Vegan Yeast Dough
- 400 g (2 cups) flour
- 125 g (1 cup) vegan butter
- 240 ml (1 cup) plantbased milk
- 60 g (2.1 oz) brown sugar
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 packet rapid ride yeast
- Preheat milk and butter in a small bowl until warm. Not boiling! Let chill until lukewarm.
- Take a large bowl, add your milk and sprinkle the yeast over the milk. Let yeast activate for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar and salt and stir well.
- Slowly add the flour to your wet ingredients and knead the dough for 3 - 5 minutes.
- On a floured surface knead your dough until smooth and elastic.
- Cover and let rest 40 minutes on a warm and safe place. If the dough is too wet, add more flour at a time until the dough is soft but not wet.
Warm Pesto & Olive Rolls
- 1 portion of yeast dough
FOR YOUR TOPPING
- 2 handful black olives
- 150 g (5.3 oz) of your favorite vegan pesto
- 200 g (7 oz) dried tomatoes in oil
- 100 g (3.5 oz) pine nuts
- At first: make a yeast dough.
- Roll out the dough to a big square.
- Spread the pesto all over the dough.
- Cut dried tomatoes in small pieces and cut olives into rings.
- Spread dried tomatoes, olives and pine nuts all over your dough.
- Cut dough in six pieces and place them in a well buttered baking or muffin pan.
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F and bake rolls for 20 - 30 minutes or until slightly brown.
- Eat them while warm and fluffy. You can also add a yummy dip.