Say hello to this fruity alternative to cinnamon-rolls. Let’t start our sweet picnic-special with some fruits and sweet berry-mint-rolls. Okay, let’s talk about the word „rolls“, maybe the word stuffed matches better for that yummy dough-bombs. The sourly berrymix works perfectly with the dough, the fresh mint and the sweet sugar-topping. But first: let’s have a yeast dough! Scroll down for the rolls.
Vegan Yeast Dough
- 400 g (2 cups) flour
- 125 g (1 cup) vegan butter
- 240 ml (1 cup) plantbased milk
- 60 g (2.1 oz) brown sugar
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 packet rapid ride yeast
- Preheat milk and butter in a small bowl until warm. Not boiling! Let chill until lukewarm.
- Take a large bowl, add your milk and sprinkle the yeast over the milk. Let yeast activate for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar and salt and stir well.
- Slowly add the flour to your wet ingredients and knead the dough for 3 - 5 minutes.
- On a floured surface knead your dough until smooth and elastic.
- Cover and let rest 40 minutes on a warm and safe place. If the dough is too wet, add more flour at a time until the dough is soft but not wet.
Warm Berry Mint Rolls
- 1 yeast dough
FOR THE FILLING
- 400 g (14.1 oz) frozen berries
- a bunch of mint leaves
- 3 tbsp canning sugar 2:1
FOR THE FROSTING
- 250 g (8.8 oz) powder sugar
- 2 tbsp cold water
- Prepare yeast dough.
- Heat the frozen berries in a small pot and add the canning sugar until thickened a bit. Cool down.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Roll out your dough and spread the berry-mixture. Wash and slice mint leaves and spread them on the dough too.
- Roll your dough into the form of a „sausage" and cut into 3 centimeter thick pieces.
- Spread oil on your muffin pan and add your dough pieces.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until brown. Cool down after baking.
- For your frosting, simply whisk powdered sugar with water and drizzle over berry rolls.