I've heard there are people complaining about the fact, that you can but gingerbread and speculoos in supermarkets here in Germany from August on. I mean, what’s the meaning of the pre-Christmas season, whan it’s not gingerbread? We are confused. Most of the products you get in supermarkets are not vegan, and the few vegan ones you can find are most of the time really expensive. So we do them by ourselves. The secret behind good gingergread is gingerbread-spice. You can mix it by yourself with 10+ spices, but if you are to lazy for, you can buy it in a lot of supermarkets. The rest is very easy.
Vegan, Stuffed Gingerbread
- 500 g (4 cups) flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 200 g (0.9 cups) brown sugar
- 3 tbsp gingerbread spice
- 5 tbsp cacoa powder
- 4 tbsp oil
- 230 ml (0.9 cups) plantbased milk
- 2 plums
- 300 g (10.5 oz) cups dark chocolate
- Wash and dice plums. Remove pit and add in a pot with 0.2 cup of water. Let bubble until the plums are very soft.
- Puree them and let chill.
- In a big bowl add flour, baking powder, sugar, cocoa, gingerbread spice and mix.
- Gradually add milk and oil and knead until well combined.
- Roll out your dough on a well floured sourface to 2 - 4 mm and cut out circles.
- Line a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper and place your gingerbread circles next to each other.
- Place about 1/2 teaspoon of plum puree in the center of the cookie and place another cookie on top of the plum puree and fold the edges down. Seal it well.
- Bake for 10-15 minute on 180°C/350°F.