This little ‘snack’ is for everyone who is already bored with “normal” croissants for breakfast or for those of you, who would just love to have a big mountain of delicious sweet stuff on their breakfast table. You probably already gained some pounds by just looking at those pictures, but who cares. And the best thing about it: Literally ANYONE can do this because this recipe is real simple. Yumm!
Stuffed croissant bread
FOR YOUR CROISSANTS
- 1 ready-to-bake croissant dough
- vegan chocolate cream
- vegan chocolate pieces
- vegan marshmallows
- brown sugar
FOR YOUR CAKE PAN
- plant-based butter for greasing
- flour for dusting
FOR YOUR TOPPING
- 200 g (1.5 cup) icing sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- Defrost ready to bake croissant dough a little, roll it out and cut into triangles. Afterwards, cut those triangles in half.
- Now just take this small piece of dough and add a little bit of vegan chocolate cream, a piece of vegan chocolate AND a vegan marshmallow on it. Oh yes. Fold dough together and roll in your hands so you get a nice little dough ball.
- Mix some brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl, roll those balls in it, so they are covered all around.
- Take out a bundt cake pan, grease it with plantbased butter and flour it, so there is no chance for dough to stick on it. Afterwards place your dough balls in it and let them bake in the oven for 15 minuten, then let them cool down a bit.
- When you turn over the cake pan, your croissant bread should come out easily.
- Mix icing sugar with water and add some more water, until you get a viscous frosting that you can pour over your croissant bread.