The easiest and fastest party snack ever. If your are planning to have a party with a huge amount of people and your searching for a dish that is somewhere in between „5 bags of crisps” and „too much work”, these vegan pigs in a blanket are a goof choice. We really love cooking, but sometimes we need something really, really easy and quick. So this dish is completely vegan, hearty and comes fresh from the oven. You can add your favorite dip in the middle of your skillet, so we made our creamy onion dip. Whatever, this dish works also perfect for your comfy food sunday (btw: so you got the whole skillet for yourself, haha!).
Vegan pigs in a blanket
- 4 packages ready-made dough for dough croissants (each 6 pieces)
- 4 packages small vegan sausages (6 each)
- 0.5 bunch green onions
- Preheat oven to 200°C/390°F. Roll out ready-made dough and cut each piece apart. Add one vegan sausage on the longer end and roll up towards the tip.
- Grease a round casserole dish or iron cast pan with some oil. Place all sausages in dough in there. Make sure to arrange them standing next to each other instead of laying them flat on top of each other.
- Bake in oven at 200°C for approx. 12 – 15 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm with our favorite vegan onion dip!
Vegan Onion Dip
- 400 g (14.1 oz) soft tofu
- 100 ml (0.4 cup) soy cream (or vegan sour cream)
- 50 g cashews (1.7 oz), soaked in warm water for at least 30 minutes
- 4 large, yellow onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1-2 slices of jalapenos
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp cayenne
- agave nectar
- oil and vegan butter
- salt & pepper
- Peel onions and garlic. Cut onions in thin rings and slightly press garlic with the back of a knive but keep it like this as a „whole“ clove. Heat 1 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp vegan butter in a large pan and sauté onions and garlic until they are glazed.
- As soon as they turn glazed, add a nice shot of agave nectar and let it caramelize for some minutes. They should NOT get dark but stay light.
- Take a mixer and throw in soft tofu, cashews, vegan sour cream or soy cream, nutritional yeast, jalapenos and cider vinegar. Mix it until it’s a smooth unity.
- Now add about 3/4 of your onion-garlic-mix (put the rest beside for later). Start mixing again until everything is a delicious mash. Season with salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne.
- If you like, you can heat up this dip a litte, but it’s also fine cold as it is – as Isa will promise you ;)