Vegan cheeseballs? Hell yeah! Before we wanted to try our first vegan cheese balls, we searched other foodblogs for some inspiration. Unfortunately a lot of recipes need a lot of time or utensils we don't have. We definitely have to try these versions later, but for now we wanted something really easy. So we decided to do our first vegan cheese balls with a quiet short and easy recipe and they worked out perfectly! They also work very well on a salad, on a cheese platter or on bread or toast. Just try them and tell us what you think!
vegan cheese balls made of cashews
- 150 g (5.5 oz) cashews
- 2 twigs of thyme
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp White Miso Paste
- 1 clove garlic
- 0.25 tbsp salt
- 100 g (3.5 oz) pecan nuts
- Soak cashews overnight in water or at least for two hours in hot water.
- Drain cashews. Peel and dice garlic clove and add the rest of the ingredients to a food processor, instead of the pecan nuts.
- Now mix everything until you get a smooth contexture. This works also good with an immersion blender, but it will take 5 - 10 minutes, so stay strong! Scrape down the sides again and again until it's smooth.
- Season again if needed, form balls and let your cheese chill for an hour.
- In that time you finely chop your pecan nuts and brown them in a pan without oil.
- Afterwards coat cheese balls in roasted pecan nuts.
Apple Cranberry Salad
- 100g (3.5 oz) baby spinach
- 1 apple
- 80 g (1.8 oz) walnuts
- 50 g (1.7 oz) dried cranberries
- 80 ml (0.3 cup) vegan apple juice
- 2 tbsp apple vinegar
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 3 - 4 tbsp olive oil
- Wash and shake dry baby spinach.
- De-seed, wash and slice apple.
- Chop walnuts and roast in a pan without oil for 3 - 4 minutes, until you smell their yummyness.
- On a big plate arrange baby spinach and top with roasted walnuts, apple slices and dried cranberries.
- Mix alle the ingredients in a jar and shake.