This recipe is easy, gets very fast and makes you completely satisfied. Only 15 minutes to go for a main dish, say whaaaat. And it sounds so good! Because asparagus is slowly saying goodbye to us we are using some of the green asparagus too. You can find vegan spätzle in organic supermarkets like Denns, Vitalia or Bio Company. Of course you can also use homemade ones. This dish is perfect, when you’re running out of time or need something quick for your lunch break. You can add a fresh salad or a yogurt dip.
Vegan Spätzle Asparagus Pan with Sage
- 1 - 2 tbsp vegan butter
- a handful sage
- 125 g (4.4 oz) smoked tofu
- 10 stalks of green asparagus
- 250 g (8.8 oz) vegan spätzle
- some slices of cucumber
- salt, pepper
- 0.5 lemon
- Wash and dry green asparagus. Break off any tough or white bottoms. Cut in small pieces.
- Dice smoked tofu. Rinse and dry sage.
- Heat vegan butter in a pan. Add sage for one minutes and brown the tofu for 4 - 5 minutes.
- Now add your spätzles and asparagus and let them turn golden-brown for another 4 - 5 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and some fresh lemon juice.