A New Year’s Eve classic in vegan! You may know our vegan queso dip and maybe you also tried out our nacho-taco-bowl. We now use the same basic recipe for vegan cheese sauce but add a little white wine so it’s perfectly suitable for a vegan cheese fondue! Now you only have to decide what to dip into it – olives, bread or grapes? What is your favorite?
Vegan Cheese Fondue
- 600 g (21 oz) potatoes
- 3 yellow onions
- 200 g (7 oz) cashews (soaked in warm water for at least 30 minutes)
- 100 ml (0.4 cup) soy milk
- 150 ml (0.6 cup) vegan white wine
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- white pepper
- You should soak cashews in warm water for at least 30 minutes (best is overnight) in order to get them real soft.
- Peal potatoes and onions and cut into similar sized chunks. Place them in a pot and fill up with slightly salted water until everything’s covered. Bring to boil and keep simmering until everything’s soft, afterwards pour off water.
- Place soft potatoes, onions, cashews, soy milk, vegan white wine, nutritional yeast, spices and lemon juice in a food processor and let it mix until it turns into a nice, viscid sauce.
- Fill into a pot and heat it up. Keep simmering until you get the texture you like. Season with salt, pepper and nutritional yeast. If you like the taste of white wine, add some little more oft hat.
- Prepare your sides to dip in. Cut bread in little chunks and roast in a pan without any more oil. Also serve olives and grapes in bowls and make sure you have enough ‚equipment’ e.g. skewers to dip it all into your vegan fondue.
- Afterwards place your pot with vegan fondue in the middle of your table so everyone can dip their favorite things into it!