Of course you could just buy a baguette, but you could also be the person proudly telling everyone, that you were kneading those bread slices just some hours ago yourself. The best thing about this bread is that it’s really thin and therefore will bake on your grill perfectly. You don’t need an extra oven for it.
Grilled Bread Slices
- 450 g (1 cup) flour 1050
- 4 tbsp soy yoghurt
- 1 tbsp dry yeast
- 150 ml (0.6 cup) warm water
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 0.25 cup rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp salt
- optional 1 clove of garlic
- Take a large bowl and start with mixing all dry ingredients: yeast, flour, baking powder and salt. Afterwards stir in all other liquid ingredients little by little and start kneading.
- As soon as your dough turns into a homogeneous mass, take it out of the bowl. Flour a surface, put the dough on it and keep kneading for several minutes.
- Afterward put dough pack into the bowl and leave to stand covered at a warm place for about one hour, until it has risen.
- As soon as that happened, you can roll out the dough and cut in into little stripes, triangles or whatever you like. Brush them with some oil.
- Now you can put them on the grill and roast from both sides, which takes only a few minutes. If you like, you can rub them with a garlic clove before roasting.